[Bristol-Birds] Bristol Birds List and Photos

  • From: <merlin42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 8:43:17 -0800

Hello Bristol area birders,

I have a concern about all the recent pictures being sent to Bristol Birds.
There are still a few people on dial up connection. While a picture file here
and there won't slow them down too much, I feel that the constant bombardment
of pictures could possibly run a few people off the board.  We need to keep in
mind that while the vast majority of people have a fast Internet connection,
there are still some who connect a slow speeds. Don't take this the wrong way,
we would love to see the pictures that our great Bristol Bird Photographers
take.

I think an Internet picture gallery is the best route for most pictures.  Lots
of places offer free places to store pictures (I.E. Yahoo).  If anybody needs
any help in setting a place up, let me know and I will be glad to help.  A
gallery let the user on a slower Internet speeds choose when they look at the
pictures instead of having to wait until they are downloaded just to check
their other mail, Bristol Birds or other.

What would be a big shame is if we lost any of our great reporters to Bristol
Birds because of such a minor issue.

Thank you for you time,

Rob Biller
Elizabethton, TN