[Bristol-Birds] Bristol Bird Club Annual Fall Burke's Garden trip this Saturday

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:50:38 -0500

Birders from across the region
are invited to participate in the
Bristol Bird Club's Annual Fall
Golden Eagle Field Trip this
Saturday.  The official meeting
site is Hardee's Restaurant in
Tazewell, VA.  The field party
is expected to depart about
9:00 a.m. and drive up to the
sprawling high-elevation valley.

 For more than 20 years, BBC has been conducting field trips to
 look for the wintering Golden Eagles and Rough-legged Hawks.
 But a vast array of species which include large Fox Squirrels,
 Red Fox, wintering Red-headed Woodpeckers, waterfowl, an
 active Bald Eagle's nest, American Pipits, Common Ravens,
 Horned Larks, Loggerhead Shire and many other
species are to be found.

 We now make conduct two field trips each year with a fall trip
 on the second Saturday in November and a late winter trip on
 the second Saturday in February.  This is the third annual fall
 trip which began in 2009.

 Some of us will depart from Bristol Virginia at 7:00 a.m. and
 watch for anyone awaiting us in Abingdon, VA as we head
 north.

 At Bristol, we will meet before 7:00 a.m. at the Mountain Sports
 parking lot on Commonwealth Ave.  This is just a short
 distance from where you enter I-381 in the northbound traffic
 lane.  There is a Chevron station next-door.

 At Abingdon, we will look in on what we think is the First Bank
 of Virginia parking lot at 555 Porterfield Hwy. SW.  This is a
 very short distance from West Main Street as you head out
 towards Lebanon, VA from Abingdon on Porterfield Hwy (also
 known as US 19).  Plan on us leavening BRISTOL about 7:00
 a.m. to predict when we might arrive at the First Bank of Virginia
 Parking lot.

JPEG image

JPEG image