[Bristol-Birds] Breaks Interstate Park - VA-KY border

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:35:13 -0700 (PDT)

Bristol Birders,

Michelle, Chazzy and I spent the morning birding the Breaks Park along the
Virginia-Kentucky border.  Lots of new birds have arrived after the recent
rains and we found a total of four warbler species during our hike.  New
migrant species included:

Black-throated Green Warbler    [6]
Black-and-white Warbler   [7]
Yellow-throated Warbler   [1]
Pine Warbler   [3]
Blue-headed Vireo    [18]

Laurel Lake had 10 Scaup, 4 Woodies, and a Pied-billed Grebe.
For those interested, here is a link to some of our hike pictures we took along
the way:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/breaks14

It feels like spring has finally arrived.

Ed and Michelle Talbott
Grundy, Virginia

Access, No Cost.