[Bristol-Birds] Breaks Interstate Park, VA

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:53:36 -0700 (PDT)

Area Birders,

Michelle, Chazzy and I spent the morning birding the Breaks Interstate Park
along the Virginia-Kentucky border.  Best bird of the day was a Pine Warbler
singing at the Clinchfield Overlook.  We also heard a Blue-headed Vireo and got
great looks at a Red-shouldered Hawk sailing over the gorge.  A pair of Tree
Swallows were also spotted.

For those interested, here is a link to some of our hike pictures:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/breaks13

Have a great weekend.

Ed and Michelle Talbott
Grundy, Virginia