[Bristol-Birds] Breaks Interstate Park

  • From: Peggy Herbert <peggyfullmoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bcbc/bird <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Bird Club <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 16:06:20 -0700 (PDT)

Spent a couple of days at The Breaks, camping with a group of friends. Being
the lone birder among us, I slipped off a few times. A Scarlet Tanager was
watching over me as I set up my tent. That night a Barred Owl made sure we knew
he was there. What a hoot! Found Black & White and Hooded Warblers. As I was
leaving this evening, I stopped at Mill Point Overlook & a Crow cawing led me
to spot a Bald Eagle sailing around the Tower. Had a good five minute look at
him. Sadly, no Perigrine for me this trip.

Peggy