[Bristol-Birds] Bobolinks, Shore birds at Paddle Creek Pond and Musick's Campground

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 23:27:54 -0400

This afternoon, about 5 p.m., I checked the water areas Rick Knight reported on earlier today--changes were generally in the direction of fewer birds than he had earlier:

Austin Springs--I didn't see any shore birds, but I saw one Coot (and some Canada Geese) from the bridge

Paddle Creek--I met up with Brookie and Jean Potter--thenks to them for having the Bobolinks and Semi-palmated Plover already lined up. we had:
Bobolinks--I saw one male but they had seen 4 males earlier
Greater Yellowlegs      ~4
Lesser Yellowlegs        ~4
Semipalmated Plover      1
Solitary Sandpiper           3
Spotted Sandpiper            1
Least Sandpiper              16
Most of the shorebird numbers are approximate--these birds were spread from one of the pond to the other and were moving around a lot and flying back and forth, so even by scanning from one of the pond to the other, I'm not sure I have all the numbers correct.

Musick's Campground:
Forster's Tern                        1
Ring-billed Gull                    7
Spotted Sandpiper                 1
Least Sandpiper                    2
Cliff, Northern Rough-winged, and Tree Swallows landing on the mud flats
Catbird by the feeders
Brookie and Jean Potter were also at Musick's while I was there.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City

begin:vcard
fn:Roy Knispel