[Bristol-Birds] Blue-headed Vireo--FSR 188

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:51:07 -0400

This afternoon I checked a couple of spots for new arrivals:

I checked the Buffalo Creek Bridge on the Tweetsie Trail near the Elizabethton ball fields for Yellow-crowned Night Herons.  I did not find any.   (Note Bill Grigsby's report--he had 3 today near Roller and Arch on the Greenbelt in Kingsport where they have been seen the last two or three years)

Then (from 4:30 to 6 p.m.) I checked Dry Creek Rd. and Forest Service Rd. 188 for new arrivals.  I saw and heard none on Dry Creek Rd.  (may be due more to time of day than time of year) so drove up FSR 188 to the fork (2.3 miles,  where the left fork goes on up to the parking lot for the 1 mile trail to the Observation Tower.)  I turned around at the fork, but not before I heard and saw a Blue-headed Vireo--first of the season for me.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City

begin:vcard
fn:Roy Knispel