[Bristol-Birds] Blue-headed Vireo and Pine Warbler at Breaks

  • From: Michelle Talbott <mjtalbott625@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:16:25 -0700 (PDT)

Ed and I were hiking the Geological Trail at the Breaks today and I spotted our
first Blue-headed Vireo of spring. Ed stopped at our traditional hot spot for
Pine Warblers, and sure enough, there was one there, singing. We also logged
numerous other species, including a Common Raven, a close-up Pileated
Woodpecker with a brilliant crest, and 13 Turkey Vultures circling over the
Russell Fork. We had good luck at Laurel Bed Lake also, finding a Canada Goose,
two Pied-billed Grebes, and two Wood Ducks in flight.

  Michelle Talbott
  BCBC

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.