[Bristol-Birds] Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Hampton, TN

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:34:36 -0400

I spotted three Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet in the willows at the creek this morning (April 2) at home on Simerly Creek Road in Hampton. I heard the buzzy gnatcatcher calls as soon as I stepped outside the front door this morning.

These are the first of both these species for the year for me. I have been looking for their arrival since the last of March. I searched thoroughly yesterday evening and didn't hear or see any gnatcatchers (or kinglets for that matter), so they must have arrived overnight or early this morning.

Bryan Stevens
Hampton (Carter Co.) TN