[Bristol-Birds] Black-throated Greens in Buchanan County, VA

  • From: Michelle Talbott <mjtalbott625@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Virginia Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:42:39 -0700 (PDT)

I found nine Black-throated Green Warblers this morning in the hollow behind
our house. The hollow, Caney Island Branch, consistently yields high numbers of
BTG's, but the amount of activity today, March 31, exceeded my expectations. I
saw two of the birds and heard another seven singing. Other birds included five
Blue-headed Vireos, all six possible woodpeckers, and six Red-tailed Hawks,
including what appeared to be a mated pair with a juvenile bird.

  Michelle Talbott
  BCBC

Looking for earth-friendly autos?