[Bristol-Birds] Blackburnian Warbler and others

  • From: "Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:56:06 -0400

Area Birders,
This morning, just after sunrise, two birds flew into the cherry tree just
outside our dining room door. One was a male Hooded Warbler. The other was a
brightly colored female Blackburnian Warbler.
I grabbed the binos and headed outside. In the large walnut tree in the
backyard two Black-and-White Warblers were searching the body of the tree
for insects. A Red-eyed Vireo was in the top of the apple tree with an
insect it had just caught.
Enjoy the birds,
Roger Mayhorn
Grundy, VA