[Bristol-Birds] Black-Crowned Night-Heron in Russell Co.

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:18:03 -0400

Bristol Area Birders:  The following is a message sent to me by Richar Kretz of
Lebanon, VA.  I am forwarding it to the list for your information and
enjoyment.  The photos were taken by Kretz. ---- Wallace Coffey, Bristol, TN

From: Richard Kretz
To: Wallace Coffey
Subject: Black-Crowned Night-Heron in Russell Co.
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:41:45 -0400

Observed an adult Black-Crowned Night-Heron at Stewart's pond in Rosedale,
Russell Co. this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Haven't had an opportunity
to check and see if it's still there yesterday or today. After consulting with
Roger Mayhorn, Ed Talbott, and Dave Worley it appears this may be the first
confirmed sighting of an adult BCNH in Russell Co. Attached are a few pics for
your consideration...

Enjoy the birds...

Richard Kretz
Lebanon, VA