[Bristol-Birds] Black-Crowned Night Heron

  • From: "Ray Austin" <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 00:08:46 -0400

3-19-11

Fort Patrick Henry Bridge (Sullivan County, TN)

Stopped by below the dam a few weeks back to see if I could get a few shots
of a GBH nestling.  Didn't have any luck with that, but the adults were
quite active.

Also saw what I thought were 3 Yellow Crowned just below the bridge and
snapped some photos.  Turns out after pulling the shots off the camera, they
were Black Crowned.  I've attached a couple of shots for anyone interested.
Also got a couple of shots of a GBH catching a minnow.

Ray Austin