[Bristol-Birds] Birds at Glen Alpine

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:02:42 EDT

Today was a day of assessing flood reuilts on our property and seeing spring
birds at the same time.  They included a peregrine falcon gliding just above
tree level heading north at about 9 a.m., 4 male scarlet tanagers, and a
red-eyed vireo.  A ruby-throated hummingbird male continues to visit our feeder
and
wood thrushes and a hermit thrush continue to sing in our woods.  Later in the
day, as I passed the flooded  Meadowview Golf Course, I found two lesser
yellowlegs at the edge of one of the flood ponds.  John Moyle   Glen Alpine
Road
Kingsport   Sullivan County