[Bristol-Birds] Birds at Fort Henry Dam, Kingsport

  • From: jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:14:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Birders,  Today, while waiting for my wife doing a workout, I birded the
Fort Henry Dam area for about a half an
hour.  Here is what I saw:  26 Great Blue Herons on about 18 nests, 3 Mallards,
1 Chimney Swift, 1 Northern Flicker, 1 Red-bellied Woodpecker, 1 American Crow,
6 or more Tree Swallows, 1 Cliff Swallow, 1 Northern Rough-winged Swallow, 2
Tufted Titmice, 1 Carolina Chickadee, 1 White-breasted Nuthatch, 1 House Wren,
1 Carolina Wren, 12+ American Robins, 6 European Starlings, 1 Yellow-rumped
Warbler, 1 Eastern Towhee, 2 White-throated Sparrows, 1 Field Sparrow and 6
Common Grackles.  Then I went back to pick up Polly!   John Moyle