[Bristol-Birds] Birding on Bill's Ridge

  • From: "Harrington, R" <roneharrin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Bird Network" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2150 11:55:10 -0500

While birding on Bill's Ridge (Northwest face of White Top Mountain), Saturday,
April 18, Allen Gill and I observed two male Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers vying
for the attention/affection of a female nearby. They were both drumming away,
interrupted only by chasing and fussing at each other. The elevation:
approximately 4800 feet.

We also heard at least four separate Barred Owls and saw a variety of warblers
and vireos.

Just wanted to see if I could still climb that mountain.

Ron Harrington
Bristol, VA