[Bristol-Birds] Birding at South Holston Lake / River

  • From: Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:27:12 -0400

The first interesting numbers of American Wigeons (8) were seen at the Weir
Dam on the river below South Holston Lake  today (10/28).  I also had 3 at
Musick's Campground.  I suspect this may be the early arrivals of wintering
wigeons at the Weir.  We usually have a fairly good group spend the winters
there.

A group of 13 Common Loons was also near Musick's Campground along the
Virginia-Tennessee stateline on South Holston Lake this afternoon.  An Eared
Grebe and two Pied-billed Grebes were nearby.

Let's go birding.....