[Bristol-Birds] BirdWatching @ Mossy Creek Wildlife Viewing Area & Cherokee Dam.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:39:30 -0400

Birders: ( BirdWatching @ Mossy Creek Wildlife Viewing Area & Cherokee  Dam )

Today on July 16, 2006 Shane and Dennis Adams went birdwatching @ Mossy Creek
Wildlife Viewing Area in Jefferson City & Cherokee Dam between Jefferson &
Grainger Counties: First at Mossy Creek Wildlife Viewing Area Blinds 1 & 2 we
saw 2 Belted Kingfishers walking towards viewing blind 1 about 12+ Chimney
Swifts flying over both viewing blinds 1 & 2, Red-Winged Blackbird in the
cattails in front of viewing blind 1, Great Blue Heron in the weeds in front of
viewing blind 2 and also at Cherokee Dam about 5, Green Heron also in front of
the Viewing Blind 2 / Also at down the end of the road west of Mossy Creek
Wildlife Viewing Area in the ( Refuge ) Different types of Swallows, Black
Crowned Night Heron ( Flying ), about 20 + Eastern Kingbirds flying over the
Cherokee Lake and drinking water, also 2 Eastern Kingbirds at Mossy Creek
Wildlife Viewing Area in front of the viewing blind 2 sitting on water
sprinklers in the wetlands, Great Blue Heron, Heard  but not seen 2
Yellow-billed Cuckoos, Black Vulture flying over the farmland next to Mossy
Creek Viewing Area parking lot sorry I did not take any pictures of the birds
today.

Shane Adams
East of Hamblen County
Morristown, TN. 37813