[Bristol-Birds] Binocs for Mendota Broadwing Migration

  • From: John Whinery <foshildgc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:12:25 -0700 (PDT)

 Looking forward to joining Tom and everyone at Mendota for the Broad Wing
migration again this year.

I'm considering buying binoculars from Eagle Optics and looking at two of their
Vortex products. I like the Vortex Lifetime Unconditional warranty :

Vortex will repair or replace your product in the event it becomes damaged or
defective – at no charge to you. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault
it was, or where you purchased it.

And the 30 day return to Eagle if dissatisfied.

The 2 I'm looking at are

A 10 x 50 at 28 oz

A 10 x 56 at 39 oz.
They both have HD glass and are argon filled.

I'm leaning to the 10 x 56 since it is a bit less expensive but might return
and pay more for the lighter 10 x 50 after trying it at Mendota if the extra
ounces are too fatiguing. I'll be buying a harness strap either way.

Anyone have any comments on either of these products or something similar.
Can't afford the Swarovski, wish I never looked through those, that set the bar
pretty high ..... wish I didn't know know how good it can really get!!