[Bristol-Birds] Barred Owl/Rusty Blackbirds Russell/Tazewell County

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:28:47 -0800 (PST)

Since I had such a good morning birding I decided to go again this afternoon. I
went to Clifton Farms Road and to The Cove.
On Clifton Farms Road I had 1 more Loggerhead Shrike and a small mixed flock of
Rusty and Red-winged Blackbirds. I also had 16 Common Ravens doing aerial
acrobatics over House and Barn Mountain.
In the Cove I had another Loggerhead Shrike and a Barred Owl sitting beside the
road. The light was poor but I did manage to get a couple of photos.
The photos of the Barred Owl and Blackbirds are at the following link:
http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/barred_owl

Tom
Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club