[Bristol-Birds] Bald Eagle - Clifton Farms Road - Russell County

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:16:09 -0800 (PST)

Today, Laverne and I were checking the route for this Saturdays RCBC field trip
in Russell County. The roads were all passable. On Clifton Farms Road we
sighted an adult Bald Eagle perched in the same tree that had had 2 Golden
Eagles in December. I have seen eagles perched in this tree at least 6 times
this winter.
We also found an immature Red-shouldered Hawk, 2 American Kestrels, Red-tailed
Hawks, White-crowned and White-throated Sparrows and several other birds. A
Virginia DGIF officer stopped while we were looking at the Red-shouldered Hawk
and he told me that last week he had seen an adult Bald Eagle flying parrallel
to Rt 19 at the WalMart in Lebanon.

Tom

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club