[Bristol-Birds] Bald Eagle

  • From: "Jeanie & Barney Brehl" <breten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:08:01 -0400

An adult Bald Eagle was sighted at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday 3/17 on West
Carters Valley Road, about a mile west of Lynn Garden Drive north of Kingsport.
 Friends of ours were driving west on West Carters Valley Road when the eagle
swooped down low along the road, apparently attempting to snatch a roadkill
rabbit lying in the road.  The heavy traffic scared it off, and it perched in a
nearby tree.  When we arrived a few minutes later, the eagle was back in the
air, soaring in lazy circles over the area.  It gained altitude slowly for
about twenty minutes, then began to gradually move off to the south.  This was
our first Bald Eagle sighting in Kingsport this year.

Barney & Jeanie Brehl
Kingsport, TN