[Bristol-Birds] Baby Bald Eagles

  • From: "D.W. Jones" <n4tn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 18:15:48 -0400

The Bald Eagles on the Clinch River in Hancock County now have two nearly grown young. I got a good look at them today through a spotting scope - they are huge. One climbed out of the nest onto a limb and gave his wings a good work out. I may have one or more photos of them in a few days.

The adults were not seen today.

The nest may be easily viewed from Hortons Ford Road, approximately 4 to 5 miles upriver from the Kyles Ford Bridge. The nest is across the river from the road and is very visible.

- Wayne Jones, Kingsport