[Bristol-Birds] BBC-Christmas count planning tonight

  • From: Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:20:56 -0400

Bristol Area Birders:

Don't forget that the Bristol Bird Club meets a week earlier this month.
The December meeting is tonight (Tuesday, Dec. 9) at 7:30 p.m. at the ETSU
Bristol Campus on the Volunteer Parkway behind Chaco's and the carwash.

We have three Christmas Bird Counts to organize:  Shady Valley Dec. 20;
Bristol  Dec. 28; Glade Spring Jan 3.

Our monthly dinner before the meeting will be held at the Mad Greek
Restaurant 3.2 miles south of the ETSU-Bristol campus towards Bristol Motor
Speedway and Johnson City.  Dinner is on your own.  We usually gather about
6 p.m. to enjoy the fun and fellowship of catching up on whatever else in
the world you enjoy.

Those attending tonight's meeting will receive maps of count areas,
spreadsheets of past count years, be able to sign up for parties for the
individual counts, pay registration fees for counts, pay BBC dues for the
coming year, make plans for starting times and places to meet, get field
cards and have a good time.  Rob Biller will compile results for the Shady
Valley count.   Bristol is compiled by Richard Lewis and Glade Spring by Ron
Harrington.

This is a really fun working meeting and we usually have a great turnout.

See ya for dinner at THE GREEK at 6 p.m. and at ETSU-Bristol for the BBC
meeting at ETSU-Bristol.

Take care.....

Let's go birding....

Wallace Coffey