[Bristol-Birds] BBC regional Christmas party was splendid !

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 00:09:09 -0500

Birders came from across the region Saturday night to the beautiful
home of Bob & Ellen Parker and Charlie Parker at Piney Flats, TN to
join the celebration and fellowship at the Bristol Bird Club's Regional
Christmas Party. The turnout was great on a night of comfortable and
clear weather.

BBC President Dave Worley challenge the membership to "hit a high
surge" and birders responded with Christmas excitement and food
beyond compare.  Our cooks are special and always to be
appreciated.

President Dave and First Lady Diana pulled off a "Chinese gift
swap" that surprised everyone.  In no time flat we had drawn for
and swapped what was probably the best and most exciting gifts
in our history.

Our partying birders were festive in the great variety of Christmas
caps, vests, holiday shirts, bow ties, ribbons and Christmas socks.
Truly amazing.

The Parker's home was comfortable and the holiday season
decorations gorgeous.  Excellent taste in so many way.

Birders who came to celebrate and enjoy the fellowship included:

Bob Parker
Ellen Parker
Charlie Parker
Diane Draper
John Moyle
Polly Moyle
Don Holt
Rob Biller
Rack Cross
Carol Cross
Jacki Hinshaw
Dave Worley
Diana Worley
Nora Schubert
Larry McDaniel
Janet Brown
Michele Sparks
Gail Lane
Rick Knight
Mike Poe
Wallace Coffey
Carolyn Coffey
Lisa Tyler
Ed Burke
Julia Burke
Allen Martin
Lois Cox
Teresa Duncan
Nicole Duncan
Michelle Duncan
Wilma Boy
John Hay
Fred Martin
Janice Martin

Our trash buster crew again (we were there in 2004) left the Parker's home
in spotless condition and even carried all of the trash off their property and
to several of our own homes.  Furniture was rearranged and pillows
replaced on couches and chairs.

Merry Christmas to you all and we enjoyed being with birders and families.

Let's go birding....