[Bristol-Birds] BBC field trip to Burke's Garden, VA

  • From: "Richard Knight" <rknight8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:13:12 -0500

The annual winter field trip by the Bristol Bird Club to Burke's Garden, VA,
is scheduled for Feb. 9.     Mark your calendars.

We will meet, as always, at the Hardee's in Tazewell, VA, at 9:00 am.
To find the Hardee's, just follow the signs from hwy 19.  If you wish to
eat breakfast there, try to arrive a bit earlier.

In past years we ate lunch at the small store in Burke's Garden, but it closed
over a year ago and, to my knowledge, has not reopened.  Therefore, you
need to bring your lunch & drinks with you.
We will make a pit-stop at the old Lutheran Church to use their outside
facilities.

Target birds on this trip include Golden Eagle, Rough-legged Hawk, Bald
Eagle (nesting pair in valley), & Red-headed Woodpecker.  Also possible
are Loggerhead Shrike, Wilson's Snipe, Horned Lark, & a few ducks.

Hope to see you there.

Rick Knight