[Bristol-Birds] BBC field trip May 30

  • From: Lois Cox <lacox@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 17:02:00 -0400

Hello birders! We have a great trip coming up on Saturday, May 30. We will
visit Breaks Interstate Park on the boundary of Kentucky and Virginia. It is a
beautiful setting on a low mountain with forests overlooking the water. There
are trails winding around the slopes with great views. Last time we were
there, the birds were excellent! We will meet there at 8:30 a.m. If you plan
on going, contact Polly or me by calling 423-349-6440 or on the internet at
jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx.

How to get there:
1. Kingsport - I 26 to US 23 follow US 23 nearly to Pound, veer right onto
Business 23 to US 83 to US 80 to Breaks!
2. Or, Kingsport area to I 81 to Abington, VA. Exit 14 to Rt 140 NE to US
19/Alt 58 west. Stay on Alt 58 to US 63. Turn onto US
83, then US 80 to Breaks!

Bring your lunch and drinks to use while there. Later we will leave the park
and travel west into Kentucky and then south to US 23 and back to Kingsport or
Abington with birding along the way! We hope to see you there! John and Polly
Moyle