[Bristol-Birds] BBC Xmas Party: Birder of the Year Award

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:37:14 -0500

  BBC Birder of the Year Award

The Bristol Bird Club region "Birder of the Year" award, along with a few other
honors
for outstanding birding will be presented Saturday nigh at the BBC annual
Christmas
Party held at the home of Bob & Ellen Parker and their son, Charlie, at Piney
Flats.  The event is open to all birders of the region, whether you are a
member of
any club or not.  Just bring a covered dish and your Christmas spirit.  No
reservations
are needed.

This will be the 13th year that BBC has honored the services, activities,
birding effort
and birding success of an area birder.  Here are proud past winners who have
been
honored by BBC:

1995    Larry McDaniel
1996    Ron Carrico
1997    Janice Martin
1998    Dave Worley
1999    Rick Knight
2000    Bert Hale
2001    Ron Harrington
2002    Rack Cross
2003    Don Holt
2004    Rick Knight
2005    Tom McNeil
2006    John Moyle
2007    ? ? ? ?

Be sure and be there to honor and congratulate birders who are being recognized
before our birding community.  They have all contributed in many exciting ways.

We will also present the James & Mae Musick Annual Service Award and the
"Best New Birder of the Year" recognition as well as the "Best Bird of the Year"
honor.

The annual name and date plates are full on the present award.  Rather than
start a second plaque for the Birder of the Year Award,  we have the old one at
Eddie's Trophies in Bristol where they are transferring all of the beautiful
hardware
from the old plaque and will mount them on a new and larger panel which will
have
much needed expansion for years to come.

The original plaque was designed and provided by President Dave Worley.

Come join us Saturday night for much fun, fellowship and absolutely delicious
food from the kitchens of area birders.

Let's go birding.....

Wallace Coffey
Bristol, Tn