[Bristol-Birds] BBC Fun Fest Birdwalks

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:42:59 EDT

Rack Cross
Bays Mountain Park
Kingsport, TN
19 JUL 03
This morning marked the first ever Fun Fest Birdwalk hosted by Bays Mountain
Park and led by the Bristol Bird Club (BBC). Last August when BBC President,
Dave Worley, ordained me the chairman of the Fun Fest Birdwalk Committee I had
little indication that the event would realize such a tremendous begining!
Twenty-seven participants from at least three states showed up. Bill Grigsby
was
our group leader and served us well as the group identified 20 species of
birds along the paved trail from the park's Nature Center to the Birds of Prey
exhibit.
Highlights included:
        Scarlet Tanager
       Hooded Warbler
       Belted Kingfisher
       Red-eyed Vireo
       Pileated Woodpecker

The next BBC Fun Fest  Birdwalk  will occur on Wenesday, July 23, 2003, under
the direction Mary Jane Erwin. The group will meet at 8:30 AM at the Civitan
picnic shelter along the Green Belt off Netherland Inn Road in Kingsport, TN.
This is a great opportunity for a mid-week outing along the Holston River. I
hope many of you can turn out in support of this barrier-free event.

'Til we bird again

Rack Cross
Blountville, TN

and Cumberland Nature Club.