[Bristol-Birds] Re: BBC Field Trip At Steele Creek Park

  • From: "Larry McDaniel" <localcolors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <localcolors@xxxxxxxxxx>, <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>, <RonEHarrin@xxxxxxx>, <redwing@xxxxxxxxxx>, <lmcdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <trooper@xxxxxxxxxx>, <maryerwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wwg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:21:32 -0500

The Bristol Bird Club Owl Prowl at Steel Creek Park in Bristol, TN will
begin at 6 PM on Saturday, 1/8/05. We will meet at the Nature Center.

After a brief introduction and discussion on owls of our region we will take
a leisurely walk into the woods and around the park area. It will take 1 1/2
to 2 hours. Flash lights are very helpful and binoculars may provide
wonderful looks at owls.

Screech-Owls are very likely to be heard and maybe seen. Great Horned owls
reside in the area and there's a good chance to see or hear them. Other owls
are always a possibility.

Larry McDaniel
773-9234