[Bristol-Birds] BBC Christmas Party Directions

  • From: Mike Poe <scubatech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Bird Club Club <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 09:00:03 -0500

To everyone planning to attend the BBC Christmas party,

I'm looking forward to being your host for this year's BBC Christmas gala.  I
thought I would give
additional tips on making sure you arrive here in the shortest amount of time
with the fewest
missed turns.

The street address is 731 Robinwood Rd, Kingsport, TN. Robinwood Rd is off Hwy
75 between
the Tri-Cites Airport  and Hwy 36. As Wallace said earlier if you are coming
from Bristol /  Blountville area
stay on Hwy 75 past the airport toward Boone Dam. Robinwood Rd will be the 1st
right just after you pass
the turn off that takes you to Boone Dam (if you cross Patrick Henry Lake you
missed the turn).

If your coming from Hwy 36 turn onto Hwy 75 as if you were going to the
airport. Just after crossing the bridge over Patrick Henry Lake
Robinwood Rd will be the 1st left past the Boone Store.

Watch for the road sign which clearly marks the turn as it appears to be placed
out in the middle of the road with all
the construction that is going on widening 75.

Once on Robinwood Rd you will travel about three tenths of a mile when
Robinwood Rd splits off to the right (just after passing
a big red barn).  After staying right you should be greeted by a small sign
"Robinwood Estates" and 731 Robinwood  Rd
will be the 5th paved driveway on your right just past the riding stables.

It might be a good idea to leave some turning space near the top of the
driveway to allow passengers to be dropped off. I think it will be OK to park
in the yard perpendicular to my driveway but with all the recent rain it will
be better to stay near
the bottom of the driveway where the yard is more level. If that parking fills
up there is plenty of parking available across the road.
Neither house across the road is occupied so it is OK to park along the long
gravel driveway that goes to the far house or you can
park in the field between the houses and the stables.

One word of caution. Since putting my front door wreath out a pair of wrens
decided they would build a nest in the center of it.
Since I don't want to evict them be careful they don't startle you when
entering the house. Just come on in no need to knock.

If you get lost or forgot to bring the directions my home phone # is 323-1477.

If you have any questions just call or send me an email.

Regards,
Mike Poe
Holston Community