[Bristol-Birds] BBC Burke's Garden field trip

  • From: "Richard Knight" <rknight8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:48:07 -0500

The Bristol Bird Club's annual late winter field trip to Burke's Garden,VA,
is scheduled for this Saturday,  Feb  5.

Meet at the Hardee's in Tazewell, VA, at 9:00 am.  We will grab a quick
breakfast, then head over to Burke's Garden.  Lunch will be at the store
there.

Target birds are Golden Eagle & Rough-legged Hawk.
Also possible are ravens, ducks, snipe, Red-headed Woodpecker,
Loggerhead Shrike, Horned Lark, Bald Eagle, other raptors, & Fox Squirrel.

At this time the weather forecast for Sat. indicates rain.  We will keep an eye
on this as it gets closer.  If need be, we will reschedule.  Stay tuned.

Rick Knight, field trip coordinator
Johnson City, TN