[Bristol-Birds] BBC Birding Weekend at Natural Tunnel State Park - Be There!

  • From: Bill Grigsby <wgrigs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds List <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 16:35:48 -0400

This weekend, May 10-11, the Bristol Bird Club is leading bird walks as part of the Birding Weekend at Natural Tunnel State Park. This event has been registered as an International Migratory Bird Day activity. The bird walks will be at 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday. The bird club will be staying at the Clinch Lodge at the Cove Ridge Center. This is provide at no charge for the Bristol Bird Club hosting the walks. There will be an informal "Introduction to Bird Watching" on the back deck of the Cove Ridge Center at 10:30 on Saturday morning.

I have had several contact me for reservations. Please let me know if you are planning to be there. There is space available and the accommodations are very nice and comfortable. The menu is pot-luck, bring your own. I will bring charcoal, lighter, etc. to cook out Saturday evening (and Friday if you get there early enough). I do plan to cook a cobbler in the dutch oven. We will eat a picnic-style lunch on the deck of the lodge.

Bill Grigsby
Kingsport, TN