[Bristol-Birds] Austin Springs and Sullivan Cty water areas.

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 22:37:18 -0400

On Tuesday, Reece Jamerson, Kathy Noblet, Gil Derouen, and I birded the Austin Springs area in Washington Cty (bridge and Hyder Hill Rd) and water areas in Sullivan Cty. In addition to the two terns we observed at S. Holston Lake from the dam overlook (see yesterday's post), other observations are summarized below:

Austin Springs:
Wood Ducks                  5
Great Blue Heron            2
Green Heron                 1
Red-tailed Hawk             1
Osprey                      1
Killdeer                    2
Kingfisher                  4
E. Kingbird                 8
Red-eyed Vireo              1
Baltimore Oriole            1

Paddle Creek
Great Blue Heron            1

Weir Dam
Osprey                      1

Rooty Branch Pond
Red-shouldered Hawk         1
Kingfisher                  1

Pemberton Rd.
E. Kingbird                 3
Loggerhead Shrike 2 (see Kathy Noblet's photos on her earlier post)

Musick's Campground
Green Heron 1 (see Kathy Noblet's photos on her earlier post)
R. T. Hummingbird          10   (minimum)
Kingfisher                  1
Yellow Warbler 1 (see Kathy Noblet's photos on her earlier post)

Middlebrook Lake
Great Blue Heron            1
Green Heron                 1
Black-crowned Night-Heron   1    (I haven't seen one here for years)
Spotted Sandpiper           2

Roy Knispel
Johnson City

begin:vcard