[Bristol-Birds] Archilochus ?

  • From: "Larry McDaniel" <localcolors@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:38:15 -0400

On Tuesday morning, 9/28/04, just after the rain quit from the passing of
Tropical Depression Jeanne, at about 7 AM, an adult male hummingbird visited
our feeder. It was either a Ruby-throated or a Black-chinned.
It's getting a little late for ruby-throats. I haven't seen an adult male in
weeks. With poor light and no binoculars, from about 10 feet away, I thought it
looked more like a black-chinned. I watched for it diligently for about an hour
but never saw it again.

It may very well have been a ruby-throated, but a storm like that can sure move
things around. Maybe it will show up again.

wishful thinker
Larry McDaniel
Johnson City, TN