[Bristol-Birds] Anyone missing an Egyptian Goose?

  • From: "Susan Hubley" <shubley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 21:59:56 -0400

5/27/10
Another exciting night on the dock - after paddling to photo a mystery
shorebird, I came in the house only to hear Mike tell me I better come look at
a weird duck that looked like it was bred with a goose. Sure enough, sitting
amongst the Canadas, an Egyptian Goose (pale head and under parts with dark eye
patch, pink legs, pink bill, black tail - a dead ringer for Sibley
illustration). It headed downstream with the Canadas.
Also spotted was our "goofy goose" - a cross between a Canada and a Greater
White-fronted Goose. It's quite a sight, that one!

Susan Hubley
Rogersville, Hawkins County