[Bristol-Birds] American Tree Sparrow Buchanan Co., VA 5 Mar 2015

  • From: "BBC Net" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'bristol-birds'" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 15:31:13 -0500

.        From: Chuck Veronica Ratliff

.        To: Buchanan County Bird Club

.        Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015

Yesterday afternoon I noticed a new bird to my backyard.  An American Tree

Sparrow was feeding on the ground with the White throated Sparrows, Fox

Sparrows and the usual ground feeders.  I was able to get the point and

shoot camera and get a picture of it through the window.  After sending the

photo to Dave Raines to help me identify the bird, it was confirmed that it

was an American Tree Sparrow.  Having never seen this Sparrow before, I am

thrilled that I was looking out the window at the right time to see it!

Veronica Ratliff

Oakwood, VA