[Bristol-Birds] American Golden Plover - Greene County

  • From: MerlinZ02@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:04:53 EST

Don Holt and myself (Rob Biller) observed an American Golden Plover in Greene
County today (~6:00pm).  The bird was in the field parallel to Turner Lane on
the western side of the road.
To get to this location, take the Fish Hatchery Rd exit off of I-81
(Southbound - next exit after the 11E, Greeneville Exit, Northbound - next exit
after
Lowland [Hwy 160] and before the 11E, Greeneville Exit).  Turn east onto  Fish
Hatchery Road (Hwy 340) - left if coming off the southbound exit, right if
coming on the northbound exit).  Go about 1/2 mile past the turn for Hwy 348.
Turner Lane will be on the left running between two buildings.  After you pass
by the two buildings. the bird was found about 3/4 the way down the road in the
field on the left side of of the road.

It was with lots of Killdeer and 1 Pectoral Sandpiper.

We studied the bird for about 45 minutes makind sure of the ID.  I will have
full details when I post the full trip report tomorrow.  This is just a heads
up for anyone wanting to try and relocate the bird tomorrow if the rain holds
off (or if it doesn't ;) )

I made it home tonight around 9:30pm after starting the day around 7:00am.
Good day to be in the field, but I am worn out.

Rob Biller
Elizabethton, TN