[Bristol-Birds] American Crow

  • From: Michelle <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:19:47 -0400

While traveling on the Blountville Hwy in Blountville this evening a crow flew
out of a yard into the roadway. The bird was flying low and as I approached I
noticed  it was carrying something. The crow was obviously struggling with its
catch and dropped it in the center of the oncoming lane. I of course had to go
back and see what it dropped. I was surprised to find a young rabbit. The crow
was nearby waiting for traffic to clear.
I witnessed a similar event when I was a student at ETSU. I observed a crow fly
out of a tree top behind the library with a baby squirrel in tow.
Just found it interesting to see a crow with a rabbit.

Michelle King
Blountville, TN
Sullivan County

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

http://bristolbirdclub.org