[Bristol-Birds] Also @ Rankin Bottoms in Cocke County.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:46:40 -0400

Birders:( Also @ Rankin Bottoms in Cocke County )

Yesterday afternoon Shane & Dennis Adams on July 20, 2008 went to Rankin
Bottoms to meet Don Holt and the Bird Club for a canoe trip about 1:30 p.m.
here are a lists of birds and wildlife we have seen yesterday they are: first
birds; 3 Blue Winged Teals,baby ducks,Eastern Bluebirds, different types of
Swallows flying over the lake, of course the Reddish Egret, Red Winged
Blackbirds on the mudflats Great Blue Herons ( also at Dutch Bottoms ) Green
Heron, Great White Egret with a Imm. little blue Heron,Killdeer,Double Crested
Cormorants about 100+ Canada Geese with 2 Chinese Geese mixed in along the
mudflats, also Mallards on the mudflats and in the water, Second Wildlife: 2
White Tailed Deer one a young fawn walking across the road while we was driving
in and One Adult Doe on the right side of the road going towards the left side
of the road,Turtle,Rabbit, Butterflies, Groundhog and a freshwater Jellyfish
floating along the water. Thank you for having Shane and Dennis Adams for the
canoe trip we have enjoy it.

Shane Adams
East of Hamblen County / Morristown, TN.