[Bristol-Birds] Additional comments--Herndon Bird Club Field Trip

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:58:43 -0500

The Herndon Chapter, TOS, had their field trip to Sullivan Cty water areas yesterday, Nov. 14. Rick Knight, trip leader, posted the main results yesterday afternoon after the trip. Participants were: Rick Knight, Jacki Hinshaw, Michele Sparks, Jim D. Anderson, Brookie Potter, Joe McGuiness, David Kirschke, Kim Stroud. David Gardner, Richard Lewis, and Roy Knispel. We started at the Weir Dam and Osceola Island, continued to the Rooty Branch Rd. Beaver Pond, Musick's Campground, and Middlebrook Lake. Birding Kingsport also had a field trip in the same area, and we crossed paths and communicated back and forth during the day. It was foggy over the water above the Weir Dam when we started, but the it cleared up and warmed up--it was a great day for birding.

Thanks to Rick Knight for leading the trip and providing the report.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City

begin:vcard
fn:Roy Knispel