[Bristol-Birds] A few migrants, Hampton, TN

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:00:03 EDT

After a Monday and Tuesday with very little evidence of migration, things
picked up very slightly today (Wednesday, Sept. 17) at home on Simerly Creek
Road, Hampton, TN.

I had a male Common Yellowthroat. He was extremely difficult to coax into
view, and then he had that odd plumage that shows only a hint of the full mask
come later. He had a very bright yellow throat.

I also saw a single Common Nighthawk. It's certainly odd to see a solitary
bird after seeing some large flocks this season.

I also had a few Gray Catbirds and one young Robin with a very spotted
breast.

The Ruby-throated Hummingbirds seem to have departed with the last wave of
migrants, but maybe some newcomers will arrive and benefit from the feeders.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, Carter Co., TN

Psssst...Have you heard the news?
There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at
StyleList.com.