[Bristol-Birds] 2nd Annual Bristol Bird Club-Wards Bird Seed Sale

  • From: wwg <wgrigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds List <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:08:52 -0500

I know that the weather doesn't seem like it but winter is on the way! Come to Wards Feed Store this Saturday, Dec. 2nd to stock up on a variety of goodies for our feathered friends. Wards has a lots of different types of seed that are favored by birds such as black oiled sunflower, striped sunflower, Niger thistle, cracked and whole corn, as well as several mixes. We will also have a variety of feeders available. Tell your friends about it too. This is a fund raiser for the Bristol Bird Club. Much of the proceeds are used to provide seed for local nature centers as well as conservation and education activities.

The sale will be Saturday from 8 AM until 1 PM at Wards Feed Store, 230 Revere Street in downtown Kingsport. If you are coming from out of town follow the directions below: From the south on I-26, take the Wilcox/John B. Dennis exit and proceed toward downtown on Wilcox Drive. After the Lincoln Street intersection, go under railroad underpass and turn left onto Sullivan Street. After going 1/2 mile, turn left onto Center Street. Stay on Center Street and turn left onto Revere after passing Sharon's BBQ. Wards is in the middle of the block on the right with a checkerboard stripe around the top of the building. There is a parking lot across the street.

From Bristol, on 11-W, turn left onto Eastman Road just past the K-Mart and Wendys. Turn right at the top of the hill onto Center Street. Continue on Center Street, after passing Sharon's BBQ. Wards is in the middle of the block on the right with a checkerboard stripe around the top of the building. There is a parking lot across the street.

From Bristol, on I-81, take the exit for Colonial Heights, turn right onto Fort Henry Drive. Stay on it (it will merge with Memorial Blvd.) until it merges with Center Street then continue as above.

If you have any questions, call me at 247-7980 or send me an email.

Bill Grigsby
Kingsport, TN