[Bristol-Birds] Re: 28 BBCmembers meet Elizabeth Oakley, appoint conservation chair

  • From: "Richard Kretz" <fatcatz33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 01:23:48 -0400

Wallace,

Kudos to Elizabeth for her keen observation and identification of such a rare
bird meriting receipt of the Dr. Lee Herndon Mentor Award, and to Michele as an
inspirational example for our youth to emulate.

Thank you for the privilege and honor of presenting to so many esteemed
prominent colleagues and guests of the BBC, and for your kind introduction.
Dinner before hand at the Mad Greek was terrific. The gracious hospitality
afforded my wife and I by ALL BBC members will not soon be forgotten. Special
thanks to Larry McDaniel for extending the invitation to speak and its
coordination, and to Rees and Kathy Shearer and Doug and Kay Ogle for their
friendship and traveling a great distance to support me. Most of all I'd like
to thank my lovely wife, Pam, for her tolerance and support of the many many
hours I spend hiking the mountains and hollers of SW VA and NE TN photographing
the abounding natural beauty we are blessed with.

Richard