[Brandy's Software] Scary Land 1.4 Rewrite

  • From: Brandy Hendricks <brandy.hendricks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brandyssoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:58:38 -0500

 Hello everyone,
As I spoke about in my last message, there will be an update to come to Scary Land 1.4. I am about to go on to my Windows XP Virtual Machine and start rewriting Scary Land 1.4 using COMAudio instead of the Windows Media Player control. In the version I will be making available to work under Wine, which is a Windows program loader for Linux, I'm going to make a bash script which, when executed, will run the commands to copy COMAudio.dll and audiere.dll to the appropriate folder, and then register them. It's either that, or I think an easier alternative is to create a message box that lets the user know to copy these files to the appropriate location. It seems as if I'm about to give you a little lesson in bash scripting with this bit of an example I'm going to do. Lol. Anyway, my code will look something like this. zenity --info --text "Please copy COMAudio.dll and audiere.dll to the appropriate location and then press Enter so I can register the DLL's for you." And then I will give an example, depending on the Windows version they have Wine set to emulate. Then, after I have had the script register the DLL's, I will have a message box letting the user know to run Winetricks and install the vb6 runtime libraries. I will probably put the script in a folder called "First Time Gameplay" or something like that. Feel free to post and tell me what you think!
You received this email because you are subscribed to our mailing list. To post
to the mailing list, send email to brandyssoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx To
unsubscribe from our mailing list, send an email to
brandyssoftware-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.