[brandon's list] Re: Heavy Rain: What we can and can't do

  • From: misty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 22:53:48 -0700

 Assumption - According to dictionary.com  - The act of taking for granted or supposing.

Now tell me what am I supposing?  I just outright told you that I'm going off what you've said.  I know you through Jesse Yohandy, you speak to my own fiance quite frequently and you act like I'm some stranger off the street who is new to this list.  You're never gonna meet me either.  What does that have to do with anything?  I didn't say you're happy or not about heavy rain I said you're complaining.  Which you are and you're trying to turn others off to it and covering it up with well if people don't think it's playable I don't want the backlash.  Um Yohandy, the majority of what I said about the blind gamer mindset was a generalization one I feel you're a part of but don't think I was just singling you out.  In fact I said I wasn't singling you out.  So ya know what until you read my emails without getting all upset and typing first you're making yourself look silly.  I started this little chat with you earlier in the evening..  What the hell would I have to do at 9pm?  I'm so sorry that your life is so delluded that you think that you can try to attack me with my saying I have a busy schedule so I can't help out with a FAQ for heavy rain just because you know you don't have a leg to stand on here.  I'm sorry that you felt the need to blab on about your accomplishments to try to prove to me you're a gamer.  I'm so sorry that you lack the self confidence in yourself that you can't even have a conversation with someone that you can't even see the other side of it you just have to defend yourself when really there's no defense at all.  You told people to not buy this game.  You told them that it is not playable and Brandon told me that you had your sister play it for you.  So there ya go that's where I got my info.  Heavy Rain is FAILPROOF! You cannot be stuck in this game.  All you have to do is wander around.  If you fuck it up you still get to the end.  All of these things blind gamers are familiar with and here you are not even thinking about that.  Just because you say my assumptions are random doesn't mean it's true.  You have not come back with one perfect example as to why this game is not playable and ya know what, you won't either.  I believe the crime scene is even perfectly playable because when you put the glasses on you see through the glasses it's no longer a third person view it becomes a first person and you scan everything in your sight because you're wearing the glasses.  It's just a matter of wandering around and finding stuff which I would think considering the way blind people game they should be used to.  Brandon did scan something in that crime scene he found one of the items that wasn't relevant to the case but he did find it.  Brandon just said himself no one else that has played that game seems to realize how much environmental audio there is in that game and how much it can help you.  So stop attacking me personally and start giving me some facts.  Everything I've said is relevant.  The gaming mindset of the blind is seriously an issue here.  There are people willing to give this a serious go and you who have clearly not tried are trying to stop them, detur them, supposedly warn them.  It's unfounded..you're the one assuming the game isn't playable.

From: "Yohandy" <yohandy85@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, March 06, 2010 9:14 pm
From: "Yohandy" <yohandy85@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, March 06, 2010 3:04 pm
To: <brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Misty, you just proved my point. if finding Jason was tough for you, imagine for a totally blind person? like you said there are a whole mess of people in that mall. we'll just end up walking around endlessly and he'll desperately keep searching till we get frustrated and turn off the game or happen to find him randomly. in this situation, the game will not continue even if you walk around all day. Jason will just patiently wait for you to find him before the game triggers the next scene. there are many sections like this where time won't pass unless you do what the game demands you do. A walkthrough for this game     wouldn't be particularly hard to make, except for writing up those walking parts. trials will be pretty tough as well. rest is just basically lists of possible options. it'll be time consuming though!

From: "Yohandy" <yohandy85@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, March 06, 2010 1:49 pm
To: <brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Misty,
Your point is a good one for the most part, but the game won't continue in certain situations. for instance the mall scene is one of many where you need to walk around to find what you need to find. lol trying to not spoil things is hard work. haha. anyway if you just choose to stand there, nothing will happen. if it's a button sequence you're dealing with and you press nothing, an undesirable result will most likely occur that you'll end up regretting later on. if you press a wrong button, it'll have the same consequences. this game isn't made in such a way that you can just guess what to do, you have to know what you're doing. I appreciate that you're trying to help, but we gotta face facts. we'd all love to play this game independently, but unless a good faq comes out, I doubt we'll be too successful by simply guessing. I'm just grateful I have people here that can help. not everyone does.

From: Søren_Jensen <slj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, March 06, 2010 9:19 am
To: brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay. So you're saying this game is playable if you have a great walkthrough and if you take your time to figure it all out? I don't have any people who can help me accept for one of my friends who love games, but he's not here all the time.
Best regards
Søren Jensen
Mail & MSN:
Website:

Den Mar 5, 2010 kl. 8:00 PM skrev misty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Okay let me clarify here.  This game is not unplayable it's not beyond the realm of being playable for you guys.  If you find a FAQ with all the button combos they do not change.  As for the timings you would have to figure those out on your own as per usual with these things.  It's not like you'll be stuck people.  This game plays on regardless of what happens you will never be stuck.  You will need help but I don't think it goes beyond anything other than finding an FAQ.  If a guy can get help playing legend of zelda which is way harder than the stuff you have to do in heavy rain, i would say this would be a cakewalk.  I've been helping brandon play parts of heavy rain I've even failed at parts in heavy rain such as the drawing of the sketch in the first chapter.  Some doors I can't open so I have brandon do it for me.  Come on people be open minded and actually try here.  Make an effort.