[TECH TIPS] Reminder, iOS 8.1 Will be Available Tomorrow, Stick Around for Another Reminder Tomorrow

  • From: Seyoon Choi <syc20099@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "braillenotetips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <braillenotetips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 20:43:14 -0500

Hi everyone,
This is just a reminder to let all of you guise who own an iOS device that
iOS 8.1 will be available tomorrow at 10AM PST. You will see this under
"Settings>>General>>Software Update"" Supports iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, and
6 Plus. iPad models: iPad 2, 3, 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad-mini 1, 2,
with retina-display, and iPad-mini 3, and iPod-touch 5th generation. If you
are already on iOS 8.0 or higher, such as 8.0.2, this is highly
recommended, it brings a lot of bug fixes and new features. Now if you have
an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, you will be able to use Apple Pay at the selected
location to make con tactless payments using NFC chip built-in inside those
iPhone models that I've just mentioned. If you have Touch ID enabled device
such as iPhone 5S or greater, iPad Air 2 and iPad-mini 3, you will be able
to use Apple Pay for online purchases.
Other improvements include bringing Camera Roll back as well as enabling
you to use iCloud photo sharing so when you make edits or take actions in
one device, it would apply on another device.
Continuity: this is the feature that I'm really looking for. Now you will
be able to answer phone calls on your iPad or Mac if your iPhone is near by
and they are all connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Now, you can also
send regular text messages, also known as SMS or MMS messages on your iPad
or Mac via the iPhone when your iPhone is near by. Now, the iPhone will
generate hotspot connection if iPad or Mac is near by, without having to
configure or touch the phone at all.
Most importantly, it brings a lot of stability and a lot of bug fixes to
the whole oprating system, and also VoiceOver which is always welcome.

Remember to check your inbox for another reminder about iOS 8.1 tomorrow.
Also, I will make a video on what's new on our YouTube page so stick around
and subscribe. Follow us on Twitter @apexandapple for real time tweets
socially.