[brailleblaster] Re: question as to where to get jni.h

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 07:32:52 -0500

Scott,

Since you are using Linux, the best thing to do is to install gcj. This
will provide jni.h jni_md.h and a number of other Java-related things.
What Linux distrro are you using? You should be able to install gcj by
using the update facility of the distro.

Where did you get liblouisutdml? The Java bindings are still a work in
progress. There is a nasty bug in the code I am working on. When that is
resolved and I get the Windows build files to work I'll make a new
release.

For now, the file2brl command-line interface will provide all the
Braille translation and formatting you need. BrailleBlaster is not ready
for that yet.

Since you are interested in doing documentation, I wonder if you would
work with me on completing thd documentation of liblouisutdml. There are
many new featrures that were not in liblouisxml. I'm just too busy with
coding and debugging to have much time and energy for documentation.

Thanks,
John