[brailleblaster] Re: Where can I find Mercurial for the Mac?

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 01:26:22 +0100

Here are some direct links:
Mercurial installer for MacOSX 10.5
http://mercurial.berkwood.com/binaries/Mercurial-1.9-py2.5-macosx10.5.zip
Mercurial for MacOSX 10.6
http://mercurial.berkwood.com/binaries/Mercurial-1.9-py2.6-macosx10.6.zip
Mercurial for MacOSX 10.7
http://mercurial.berkwood.com/binaries/Mercurial-1.9-py2.7-macosx10.7.zip

I have a few things to say though:
1. All those installers have a GUI, accessible with voiceover but I don't know
(possibly expect not) will be accessible through SSH. Once installed it is all
a command line tool so should work fine with SSH.
2. We need to try and sort out why you have so many issues in finding the links
on the websites. Finding those download links was no trouble for me using
safari on the Mac and I would also expect no trouble using firefox and orca on
Linux. I do know that the download page for mercurial has javascript (not sure
exactly what would happen if javascript is disabled), but there have been
examples when you have had trouble with websites which I have used with basic
browsers like lynx. Back to what I was originally saying, it would help if we
know what browser you are using so we can explain where to find things on
websites. Also if you are using a basic browser, then it may be worth
considering to work out a way of using a more popular/advanced browser. I know
you have said that there is currently issues for you accessing the Mac with
your Braille display, but as I said there are alternatives on Linux such as
orca with firefox.

Michael Whapples