[brailleblaster] Re: What To Do After Successful Compile

  • From: Alex Jurgensen <asquared21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 11:37:31 -0700

Hi Chris,

I have confirmed that the SWT.jar is 64-bit. Liblouis and liblouisutdml are
also 64-bit. I have a class path specified as well.

However, using the "-d64" opttion causes the error. Using "-d32" fixes the
error and let's BrailleBlaster run.

Regards,
Alex,

On 2011-07-16, at 10:58 AM, Chris von See wrote:

> Hi Alex -
>
> I tried starting BrailleBlaster using my 64-bit SWT lib and had no problems
> except for an UnsatisfiedLinkError for liblouisutdml.dylib which didn't
> actually stop BrailleBlaster from starting.  Did you confirm that you have
> this library and that it's a 64-bit library? and is the version of liblouis
> you have a 64-bit version?  I didn't try to actually do anything with BB, so
> it's possible that I would run into other errors if I actually had
> liblouisutdml installed.
>
> I don't think this is the case, but do any of the other JARs have 32-bit
> native components?
>
> Perhaps you're picking up incorrect JARs or native libraries from elsewhere
> on your system?  You could try explicitly specifying the "java.library.path"
> environment variable and pointing it to libraries you know for sure are
> 64-bit to see if that helps...
>
> Are you able to step through the project in Eclipse to determine exactly the
> point at which the error occurs?  Is it at startup, or somewhere later in the
> process?
>
> Chris
>

> On Jul 16, 2011, at 10:38 AM, Alex Jurgensen wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> Those are the dlybs from inside SWT.jar. there are some .Jar files that got
>> miked into the mess.
>>
>> The Dylibs are 64-bit.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alex,
>>

>> On 2011-07-16, at 7:32 AM, Chris von See wrote:
>>
>>> Is this a listing from your brailleblaster 'lib' directory? What
>>> architecture are the jni libs inside swt.jar?
>>>
>>> Chris
>>> --
>>> Sent from my Android phone.
>>>
>>> Alex Jurgensen <asquared21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> I seem to get similar output, but the JVM still complains about 32-bit
>>> libraries not being able to be loaded on a 64-bit JVM.
>>>
>>> I get the following from the "file *" command.
>>>
>>> META-INF:                           directory
>>> README:                             ASCII English text
>>> commons-cli-1.2.jar:                Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to
>>> extract
>>> commons-exec-1.1.jar:               Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to
>>> extract
>>> external.xpt:                       XPConnect Typelib version 1.2
>>> file_output:                        ASCII text
>>> jdom.jar:                           Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to
>>> extract
>>> jliblouisutdml.jar:                 Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to
>>> extract
>>> libswt-awt-cocoa-3735.jnilib:       Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64
>>> libswt-cocoa-3735.jnilib:           Mach-O 64-bit bundle
>>> x86_64
>>> libswt-pi-cocoa-3735.jnilib:        Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64